Listen to Pilot Light

Friday, January 12, 2018

Hunting Locations

A sense of place is important to my stories. Incorporating the textures, sounds, essences of a place is part of my writing process. I'm in Medellin Colombia this week, with my coauthor J. Lee Porter, learning all we can for the series of techno-thrillers we have in the works.

Yesterday we took a trip up to Santo Domingo, high above the city.

While it might not seem the most interesting area for tourists, when we got off the areal tram ride, and even going over it, the clusters of homes, the personalization visible even among similar places, made me think of the people living there. Now there is no way I can put myself in their shoes, but being here made me realize that it was a great place for the action in Book two of our work in progress. So I'll be going back to learn more.

The cable run is 4000 meters long with four stations dotting the run as it comes up from the metro station.

No comments:

Post a Comment